Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Reason For This Blog


I'm not sure where this will go in the future but I do know how and why it will begin...


Back in the early 1980's Newsweek wrote an article about the Army unit I was in over in Vietnam. Following that article a book was also published (Charlie Company) in 1983 and the errors in both those endeavors have haunted me (and most likely others) since their publishing. This blog is going to start out as a basic errata file for the book listing any and all corrections that readers should be aware of. The errors are numerous and the corrections will be based on vivid recollections, excerpts from 1st Infantry Division ORLL's and from transcripts of the 2nd Battalion, 28th Infantry Daily Staff Journals. Where necessary I'll include commentary and as exacting descriptions as possible of the events, locales and people involved.


For any other Charlie Company members of the era that happen to stumble upon this blog and have further information and/or corrections please feel free to submit them to me via email at blklion@mc.net and I will include them in the list.


As time rolls on I may even include photos, map scans and other items of interest or helpful research for others within this blog but always keep in mind that those items are available upon request via email.